Child Protection: click here for the full policy Child Protection Policy
Every child or young person has the right to be safe and protected from any avoidable situation or acts which might result in that child:
- Being physically, sexually or emotionally harmed in any way.
- Put at risk of physical, sexual or emotional harm, abuse or exploitation.
- Having their basic needs neglected or experiencing that their needs are met in ways that are not appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Being denied the sustained support and care necessary for them to thrive and develop normally.
- Being denied access to appropriate medical treatment.
- Being exposed to demands and expectations which are inappropriate to their age and stage of development.
Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014